Multiple Tandem Balboa
We have been fooling around with a stunt involving lots of
couples doing Balboa. We discussed this with Maxie Dorf and he
had this to say:
From: Maxie Dorf (MDleem@aol.com)
I'm really excited about what you are accomplishing with Bal.
What a unique idea of "multiple-tandem". Maybe you can
invent a "Bal Line Dance?"
OK -- Here's the Line Dance:
It is literally done in a "line" --- a long chain
of people, Leaders (L) behind Leaders, Followers (F) behind
- The "Center" couple starts the dance: LF
- People to the chain every two bars (Leaders behind leaders,
followers behind followers) LLFF, LLLFFF, LLLLFFFF, etc
- When the line is formed, we rotate it in a circle (like the
dial on a radio or a speedometer --- well like those things used
- Then we do side-side -- the whole line moves to the left and
right. (Because the line can be long, a verbal lead is required)
- The leaders detach from the followers and move about two feet
to the left.
- On each bar, each group advances two steps while doing basic.
- ..<-FFFFF then,
- .<-FFFFF then,
- <-FFFFF etc.
- Eventually, the leaders and followers lines are
- On the next bar, the leaders and followers turn Right
a quarter turn. The couples are now facing each other.
- Each couple does this figure: an "On ramp" into
coupled Balboa, followed by (a) basic (b) crossovers
(c)come-around and (d) basic.
- The couples separate and make a quarter turn to the
Left. (i.e. they return to two lines facing the opposite
- The lines do Balboa basic with back steps until the tandem
line can re-form
- <-FFFFF then,
- <-FFFFF then,
- <-FFFFF etc.,until
- FFFFF..v... and then
- Then we repeat the whole thing over until the song ends.
So, Maxie, this is your line dance!